5 Rails Recipes That Didn’t Make It Into The Book
The forum set up for the Rails Recipes book has a section where readers can write their own Rails recipes. Some of them are pretty good and would have been good contenders for the book. Here are some of them:
- Create your own validates_abc_of validation - Show you how to create your own validation routines.
- Be notified when someone deploys your project's code - Good for multiple developer situations.
- Using a legacy database - Getting Rails to respect database decisions made pre-Rails
- HTML Whitelists: The Easy Way
- Quick and Easy Textfilters