iPhone Web Application Development with Aptana IDE
The freely available Aptana IDE seems to be moving faster than ever. Aptana is a web developer's IDE with extensive Ruby and Rails support through the RadRails plugin. Having announced support for AIR right after Adobe released a Beta, the latest Aptana IDE already supports development for the just-released Apple iPhone.
Among the features that Aptana IDE provides for iPhone developers include:
- Preview of your iPhone projects in hortizontal and vertical mode
- iPhone Project contains starter files to get you going easily on your iPhones apps
- Easy import of Ajax libraries into iPhone projects
- Help and online documentation
- Integrated server that enables you to serve your iPhone apps directly to your iPhone for easy testing
- A version of Joe Hewitt’s Firebug for iPhone
- Export wizard for bundling and deploying iPhone applications (coming soon)
- Integrated content assist for iPhone-specific APIs (coming soon)
Note: If you like Aptana IDE, you may want to consider joining their team, as they're currently hiring developers.