TextMate Screencasts for Rubyists
Are you a OS X dwelling, TextMate wielding, Rubyist? I am, but I'm next to useless with all of the advanced features (and by advanced I mean anything beyond Cmd+R). Lucky, then, that Derek Neighbors has started a super-duper series of TextMate Tip screencasts!
So far there are three videos, but I suspect he has more on the way, so if you like the look of them, subscribe to his feed:
- TextMate Tip #1 (Hashes) - Derek demonstrates how TextMate can make your life easier when dealing with Ruby hashes, primarily shortcuts to produce a hashrocket (=>), key value pair shortcut, a new hash, etc.
- TextMate Tip #2 (Blocks)
- TextMate Tip #3 (Don't Leave The Editor)
And as a bonus - because I love you guys that much - how about three older Ruby-related TextMate screencasts too?
- Ruby Unit Tests and More by James Edward Gray II. James walks through using TextMate's Ruby bundle to apply unit tests to code. It's from way back in 2006 so YMMV!
- Using Ruby within TextMate snippets and commands by Dr Nic Williams. Dr Nic leads us on a 7 minute journey into using Ruby within TextMate snippets. This is real power user stuff.
- TextMate for Rails 2 from PeepCode.
Credit: Derek's videos found via Matthew Lang's Rubblr.